Weekend Mini-Organizing Challenge: Front Door
Need some organizing motivation and inspiration, or a gentle nudge? Subscribe to my blog to receive mini-organizing challenges several weekends a month. They will be automatically emailed to you so you won’t have to remember to visit the blog.
Mini-organizing challenges are doable and will focus on de-cluttering a tiny area of your home. If the weekend challenge “speaks” to you, then set your timer for 30 minutes and start organizing/de-cluttering. Stop when the timer goes off and enjoy the rest of your weekend knowing that you accomplished something! Of course, you may continue organizing if you have gained the momentum you were looking for.
Mini-Challenge: Front Door
Alleluia, it’s spring! How can you make your home more welcoming and inviting this weekend? Focus on your front door and the area around it. Check off as many of the following tasks as you can in 30 minutes. Even if you accomplish one task you will notice a difference and feel better about your entrance.
1. Declutter the area. Return things to their proper place.
2. Sweep the cobwebs from the siding and the dirt off the step or porch. Wipe down the siding if needed.
3. Give the mat a shake. If it’s in bad condition, add a new one to your shopping list.
4. Wash the door or the glass on your door.
5. Hang your spring wreath on the door. Try a command hook if you don’t want to damage your door or use a wreath hanger.
Set your timer and go to it!