[Day 31] Maintaining: Kitchen Clutter Clear Out
It’s the last day of the 31 Day Kitchen Clutter Clear Out! Is your kitchen feeling less cluttered, brighter, and welcoming? I’m going to help you keep it that way with tips for maintaining clutter-free spaces. It’s a struggle for everyone.
First take a moment, if you have made it through all 31 days or even a couple days, and do a little happy dance! Tell yourself “good job!”
Maintaining a Clutter-Free Kitchen
- Decide to change your habits and routines. Your kitchen will become cluttered again, if you don’t change your habits.
- Clean up as you go. I give my mom credit for helping me create this habit. When cooking or baking, put ingredients away after use, wash dishes as you cook, and wipe the counter often. There will be less mess once you are finished cooking.
- Before buying something, consider whether you have room for it in your kitchen and where it will be stored.
- Live by the one-in-one out rule. Let go of an item you own when you purchase a new item. You will not out grow your space if you follow this rule.
- Regularly purge items from your kitchen. When you open a cabinet or drawer, to put something in it, take a quick look around for an item you no longer use. Have a donation box/bag available, somewhere in your house, at all times for the items you purge.
- Declare your counters and table a clutter-free zone. Resist using them as a drop zone for mail, crafts, papers, shopping bags and the like.
- Spend 10 minutes clearing your counters and table every day.
Have you ever heard the phrase, it’s easier to keep up than catch up? Yep, it’s true. You may have worked very hard, the last 31 days, catching up. Now take a few minutes to keep up everyday.
If you would like to see a list of all the 31 Days, click here.
Thank you for reading my blog, I appreciate you! You will be seeing regular, mini challenges on the blog, from now on.